Tuesday, July 13, 2010

N - Session 4

We skipped Monday night. I was just too tired after the day we had.

N has a habit of getting into thing he should not get into. He does not do naughty things intentionally. He is just a curious little boy who has ideas that are way above his age.

For example, a couple months ago he woke up sick. So I told him he had to stay home from preschool. As I was getting dressed, he climbed up on the counter and stood on the stove to get medicine that we keep above the stove and microwave/vent. He took 14 childrens Tylenol. He remembered that when he is sick I give him medicine. He wanted to go to school, so he took medicine.

Back to the therapies:

N is doing very well. Actually remarkably well. He has had just 4 sessions but I'm convinced this therapy is helping.

I have noticed he is starting to have more eye contact with me.

He is starting to talk in sentences and in back and forth conversation.

We also have not had any major tantrums since we started this program.

We have a long way to go, but the glimpses of improvement I see are encouraging!

I also want to make note: when the twins were younger they would interact together. But in the last yr or so I have seen N sort of retreat from interacting with T. N was still needing T around but the play was staying more as 2 yr olds play - side by side but not interacting. T on the other hand would interact developmentally age appropriate with other kids by interacting with them.

So today I was QUITE surprised when N was actively seeking out T to play! N wanted to rough house and actually play with T.

This is awesome!!!!

Session: A1 while sleeping.

No comments: