Monday, July 26, 2010

7-26-2010, Monday

We are on vacation. We have missed several days and are back to starting again.

I cannot really say there is a difference in their behavior as we are at Grandma and Papa's farm. They are very much spoiled here and have 7 acres to run on, a trampoline to bounce on and animals galore to play with.

N- Session 7/A1: Almost immediately, he has relaxed so much that his thumb is out of his mouth and his mouth is open. He has been asleep for about 45 minutes now. I asked my other children about N and if they noticed any changes in him lately. All agreed that his language has increased tremendously! They also said his screeching has stopped occurring. Intensive meltdowns are no longer happening. I'm very excited that others are seeing noticeable results. My mom has even commented on the changes listed by my children, as she sees them as well. She said she sees him exhibiting normal 3 year old behavior now.

T- Session 5/A1: I am watching Thomas as he is sleeping during the session. I notice his breathing at the beginning is different than it is 5-6 minutes into the session. He is now using deep diaphragm breathing. His entire torso is rising and falling with each breathe. He has also stopped sucking on his pacifier - which he usually sucks on the entire time he sleeps. We have all noticed a significant decrease in the intensity and length of his tantrums!!!! He is using his advanced language skills instead of having a meltdown! I am happy!!!

J - Session 2/A1: I did Joseph's session late at night. He was having trouble going to sleep because there are so many people sleeping at my parents small farm house. We did his session at 10 pm after we gave him 1/2 tab of Xanax. He just could not calm down. When we are home he usually goes to bed on his own around 8:30-9 pm because he says he is tired. Session went well. He moved around a lot. We will do his sessions daily for a while because of his significant delays in all his processing issues (sensory, auditory, visual, cognitive). If this machine works on J as well as it has on N, it will change J's future in a positive way I never thought would be possible!! Crossing my fingers and sending up a ton of prayers!!!!




No comments: