Sunday, August 8, 2010

8-8-2010 - One

Hooray!! We have the second machine now! Thanks to my FIL :) Thank you Trey!

So now, we begin again. All 4 kids will be on all the same sessions for the first 10 - A1 sessions from today on out. Then I will do symptom surveys to determine their next 10.

I still see improvements coming from the A1 session, so I am starting over with those.

I've been told by my father in law that we should do 40 sessions to make lasting changes. Then we will have to do a session a week for maintenance.

So our plan is for us to finish these 40 sessions and be on maintenance therapy by October. That is when I am planning on hiring back the ABA therapist. She will be here 16 hrs a week. *as of now, the only therapy we are doing besides AVE is medicine and vitamin supplements we found they needed from the Spectracell Labs testing.

The twins, T and N will be receiving OT/sensory curriculum at school daily - one more thing that I don't have to worry about!

When I am out in the community and we talk to people who understand Autism, they say my kids do not seem like they are on the Spectrum. Hooray!!! Wearing out myself and our finances for all these therapies is WORKING!!!!!!

OK ---------->

We did session A1 for J, T, N and E.

Tonight was E's first session. She is definitely not a relaxed sleeper! It took Michael and I both to uncurl her from the fetal position she sleeps in,lay her on her back and leave the machine alone!

T was doing something odd tonight. Actually he has done this every time we have put him on the machine. He twitches. His fingers, wrists and elbows twitch. Not sure if this is good or bad or harmful or if it means nothing. I know this machine is changing brainwaves. So I am concerned.

Edited to add a response I received from Trey (my father-in-law who bought the machines for us): I called Mind Alive regarding the twitches. David Siever says not to worry. T is probably switching between deep sleep and REM sleep.

That makes me feel better! :)

~ Debra
~ Chaos Controller






No comments: