Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8-17-2010 Three

Tonight we did the A1 Session on all four children.

School starts next week. We've decided to do therapy on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays as those are our less busy nights. This way we will be on a set schedule instead of hit or miss like our therapy has been the last month.

Honestly, this summer was tiring and I am pretty burnt out! I am very thankful all 5 children will be in school this fall for full days. It is our first year of full day school for all of them.

N: I have not noticed any additional changes or improvements. I think it is time to switch to the B4 session that the Symptom Survey directed us to use. I am still amazed at how much his language has increased. Thursday we go to "Meet Your Teacher" and I cannot wait for N's teacher from last year hear him talk!! His tantrum's are lessen, but his Autism "prickliness" is still evident. The hour long tantrums are gone though.

T: I have not noticed any additional changes or improvements. We will start the Session that his Symptom Survey directed us to. I am still amazed that his tantrums that were lasting over 30 minutes are completely non-existent!

J: I want to add that we have put J on Strattera. He has gone to Extended School Year over the summer. His ADHD inability to focus was so overwhelming, the staff and school psychologist were unable to even see Asperger symptoms. After 2 weeks of being on Strattera 60mg, he has calmed down a lot. He said that his "brain fog" is gone and that he can think better. We will still do the therapy.

E: This is only her 3rd session. I have not noticed any changes.

~ Debra

No comments: